Apart from complying with the law, benefits include:
- Improved safety / accident record because the assessment of the risks itself will make the workplace safer
- That having read the policy statement, staff will know that you are serious about the issue; accept responsibility to comply with the law; do what is expected of them and know how to react to a situation
- Recognition by the staff that you care for their health, safety & welfare which in turn encourages loyalty and respect
- Recognition by suppliers & customers that you are a professional organisation worthy of doing business with.
- The bedrock of a quality assured system
- Insurance being less of a problem and indeed will be potentially easier and cheaper by not being loaded.
- Enhanced likelihood of being fully covered by your insurance company in the unfortunate event of an accident
- It avoids being penalised for the first offence of not having a written statement.